K-12 and higher education organizations are reaping the benefit of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD / BYOC) initiatives and going online. By incorporating personal devices into the educational and administrative settings, schools aim to reduce IT overhead and hardware costs, while enhancing the mobility and productivity of students and staff. For example, an increasing number of schools are embracing Google Chromebooks as a cost-cutting PC-alternative that also extends the reach of those students who are unable to acquire their own device, to valuable Web-based resources.
What's the Catch? Such technological advantages can come at a cost. The overhead of providing and supporting easy, secure and reliable access for the wave of PCs, Macs, Chromebooks, iPads, and others on today's schools and campuses-to applications and virtual desktops hosted on the Web / school data center / virtual labs or physical desktops — can wreak havoc on IT budgets and human resources.
As an approved E-Rate provider, Ericom deploys a wide range of affordable remote access solutions at schools and libraries across the country that are required for next-generation teaching and learning, while maximizing approved E-Rate funds.
With Ericom AccessNow, quickly and easily turn any mobile device, tablet or PC – including a Chromebook - into an enhanced RDP Client - without installing Flash, Java or any other software on the client. That means zero client maintenance!
Within seconds, empower students and staff to access both Windows and Web-based instructional, e-Learning, collaboration and productivity apps – on any device with an HTML5-compliant browser, such as Chrome, Safari, Firefox, IE and others. AccessNow runs entirely inside the browser and uses standard Web technologies, virtually eliminating device management and support costs.
Download a 30-day Free trial of AccessNow
Learn how Richland School District Two and the University of Connecticut are taking advantage of AccessNow.
Key Benefits for Your School
- Extend the reach of Chromebooks to traditional Windows Applications & Browser Based Remote Desktops / (VDI) desktops, including VMware View desktops
- Simple, easy and inexpensive to maintain- NO software installation or plug-ins required
- AccessNow works with current, HTML5 compatible browsers, including Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox and others
- Integrates with educational portals and websites
- A special version of Ericom AccessNow is available for Education Portals. Click here to schedule a free 1-on-1 demo.