Ericom AccessToGo™ 2.0 – Enhancing the Fastest RDP client for iPad, iPhone and Android – with Unparalleled Usability and Productivity Functionality
The new version of Ericom's RDP client with patent pending PPI optimization display technology delivers a state of the art user experience with automatic sizing of client device fonts and touch targets for users' convenience and efficiency
Closter, NJ, (August 14, 2013) - Ericom Software, a global leader in Application Access and Desktop Virtualization solutions, today announced the release of Ericom AccessToGo™ 2.0 which provides secure, fast and simple access to Windows desktops and applications running on any RDP host, including Microsoft Remote Desktop (RDS) Session Hosts (Terminal Services) and virtual desktops (VDI). Powered by Ericom Blaze™ RDP acceleration technology, Ericom's mobile client sets the standard for performance and usability, accelerating graphics-rich displays on iPad, iPhone, Android and Blackberry tablets and phones, up to 10x faster than other mobile RDP clients.
The new version delivers major productivity, technology and user experience innovations:
- PPI default and custom setting – This patent pending display technology makes remote Windows applications and desktops easier to use on mobile devices (e.g., smartphones, tablets), enabling end-users to more accurately target Windows objects (e.g., Start menu, icons or any touch-sensitive display item) in a touch environment. This is carried out through automatic adjustment of the remote desktop resolution for optimal viewing and usability on mobile devices, minimizing the need to continuously zoom and pan when using remote desktops and applications.
Windows applications and desktops can now be treated as having the same PPI and therefore the same Windows objects' size across all screen sizes (3.5” - 10.2”) and across all device resolutions (72 PPI of entry-level tablets to 300 PPI of Google's Nexus 10 and 441 PPI of Samsung's Galaxy S4). IT Helpdesk departments are thus free from having to spend endless hours supporting end-users working with the widest range of device screen sizes and resolutions.
- New user interface - Icon-based, modern UI with a refined, tight look and feel for easier, more intuitive navigation and improved performance. The new user interface also requires less memory resources on the mobile devices.
Other notable features in this release include:
- Redesigned PC keyboard – Easier to use PC keyboard for native desktop-like experience.
- Performance - Faster connection to corporate resources using Ericom's connection broker for VDI and RDS – PowerTerm WebConnect.
- Faster and smoother session reconnection after the AccessToGo app is sent to background. This is especially useful when a call arrives, for example, on an iPhone: the app is paused in the background, and the RDP session can disconnect. When a reconnect is needed (e.g., voice call disconnects), AccessToGo provides a transparent, automatic re-connect experience (to the disconnected sessions).
- Real mouse icon in floating pointer and touch pointer modes, changes the pointer shape according to the context it rolls over – same as in standard windows mouse pointer fashion.
- 3-finger tap gesture opens/closes the virtual keyboard
- Optionally show/hide OS notification bar: True full screen option
Eran Heyman, Ericom Software's CEO commented: “This new release extends the capabilities of AccessToGo, our already proven RDP client portfolio, with a mobile client that empowers users with even better performance and simplicity, while lowering the learning curve and mitigating IT and helpdesk support overhead. The features listed above, and the many additional improvements in this major version, plus the unique SSL gateway solution – creates a new state of the art standard for RDP mobile client technology.”
AccessToGo is currently available via the Apple Store, Google Play, Chrome Web Store, Amazon Appstore and BlackBerry App World.
For more About Ericom AccessToGo visit: www.ericom.com/mobile
Ericom Software is a leading global provider of Application Access, Virtualization and RDP Acceleration Solutions. Since 1993, Ericom has been helping users access enterprise mission-critical applications running on a broad range of Microsoft Windows Terminal Servers, Virtual Desktops, legacy hosts and other systems. Ericom has offices in the United States, United Kingdom and EMEA. Ericom also has an extensive network of distributors and partners throughout North America, Europe, Asia and the Far East. Our expanding customer base is more than 30 thousand strong, with over 8 million users. For more information about Ericom and its products, please visit http://www.ericom.com
Ericom US Contact
Ericom UK Contact
+44 845 644 3597