Ericom Announces AccessNow - First High-Performance Pure HTML5 RDP Client for Microsoft Remote Desktop Services (RDS) and VDI - Beta Version Available Now
Immediate access to Windows applications and desktops running on Microsoft RDS / Terminal Services and VDI platforms - now possible from any web browser supporting HTML5, including from Chrome OS and Chromebooks
Beta Details and Registration
Closter, NJ, (May 23, 2011) - Ericom Software, a global leader in Application Access and Desktop Virtualization solutions, today announced the beta version of Ericom AccessNow™, the market's first pure HTML client providing access to applications and desktops running on Windows Terminal Services / RDS / VDI platforms, including session-based applications, remote desktops, and virtual desktops running on Microsoft Hyper-V and other hypervisors. Running entirely within a browser, AccessNow works natively with Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer (with Chrome Frame plug-in), Firefox and any other browser with HTML5 and WebSockets support.
Ericom AccessNow takes advantage of HTML5 technology and Ericom’s acceleration technology to deliver high-performance access to Windows applications and desktops, from any place and almost any end-user device. The acceleration technology is a result of Ericom’s innovative research that led to the Ericom Blaze solution which offers high performance access to desktops and applications running on RDS (Terminal Services) and VDI from native clients on desktops and mobile devices.
Ericom AccessNow is designed for maximum flexibility and ease of deployment. Remote users requiring the fastest performance should consider Ericom Blaze, as Ericom Blaze native clients are up to 10x faster than the standard native Microsoft RDP clients.
Ericom AccessNow also significantly reduces IT overhead in key ways:
1. It does not require Java, Flash, Silverlight, ActiveX, or any other underlying technology to be installed on end-user devices
2. IT staff do not have to manage / maintain separate product versions and updates for multiple clients (end-point operating systems) – an HTML5 browser is all that is required
As an added benefit, AccessNow also enables companies with BYOC (Bring Your Own Computer) policies to continue leveraging the Microsoft RDS platform.
Eran Heyman, Ericom Software’s CEO commented: “With this exciting and innovative product release related to pure HTML5 browser access to applications and desktops, we are proud to be the only company today providing this breakthrough technology, enabling applications and virtual desktop access to become more secure, flexible and above all – simple.“
Don Tufano, Director of Instructional Technology of the Valley View School District, is responsible for the implementation of strategic technology and provides vision in support of the district's instructional and information activities. Don commented that, “ValleyView is implementing Ericom’s PowerTerm WebConnect remote access solution for Terminal Services access and management in support of the educational needs of approximately 20,000 students in 20 educational facilities. We are excited by Ericom’s announcement of AccessNow in that browser-based technology will further enable the support of access from any device and any location. Our Technology Services team is responsible for supporting a diverse set of users and students at school, home and other remote locations.”
More About Ericom AccessNow
1. Supports client devices running Windows, Linux, Mac, Chrome OS (HTML5 client is the only way to support Google’s Chrome OS and Chromebooks) and any other OS
2. Runs as pure HTML on netbooks, desktops, laptops and thin clients, and supports Intel x86, ARM or any other CPU architecture
3. The General Availability (GA) version will also support devices with virtual keyboards such as iPad, iPhone, Android and others
4. Can also work via Ericom’s Secure Gateway when clients are outside the firewall
- Ericom AccessNow is also available as a free application on the Google Chrome Web Store.
- On March 30, 2011 Ericom announced the market’s first HTML5 RDP client for virtual desktops; today’s announcement of Ericom AccessNow is the second beta product among a family of HTML5 RDP client products.
Ericom Software is a leading global provider of Application Access and Virtualization Solutions. Since 1993, Ericom has been helping users access enterprise mission-critical applications running on a broad range of Microsoft® Windows® Terminal Servers, Virtual Desktops, legacy hosts and other systems. With offices in the US, UK, EMEA, India and China, Ericom also has an extensive worldwide network of distributors and partners. Our expanding customer base is more than 30 thousand strong, with over 8 million users. For more information about Ericom and its products, please visit: http://www.ericom.com
Ericom US Contact
Ericom UK Contact
+44 845 644 3597