The Power of the Cloud Harnessed by Ericom
We do all the heavy lifting for you! Enjoy the benefits of Ericom Cloud Desktop on Amazon Web Services (AWS). Ericom® Desktop provides an intuitive web management interface for easier desktop selection and provisioning, together with all the advantages of AWS, including security, high availability, and performance.
- Get up and running in minutes! Simply and cost effectively - Take advantage of the AWS cloud for desktop delivery, without long-term financial commitment.
- No minimum - Start with a single desktop and grow at your own pace.
- Dedicated desktops - Not shared as the ones based on Microsoft RDS. In addition, users have the freedom of installing applications - unlike a restricted solution based on shared desktops.
- Flexible and Customizable Scheduling - Ericom Desktop is optimized to support a wide variety of business needs, including diverse company / employee schedules, time zones, calendars, and more. You can even pre-set your desktops to automatically start up and stop at the beginning and end of the workday.
- Clientless Access - No need to install any software on your device - use Ericom AccessNow HTML5 to browse to your cloud-based desktop from any device (Desktops, Laptops, Macs, Linux, Chromebooks, Android tablets and iPads, and smartphones). Try Ericom AccessNow demo now.
- Simplified Offerings - Pre-defined monthly packages enable easy desktop selection.
- Optimized Performance - The Windows operating system runs on fast SSD drives (the Value package Windows operating system runs on HDD drive).
- The Admin bonus - An intuitive web management interface for easy desktop selection and provisioning (adding and deleting users and desktops), with the advantages of Amazon Web Services such as high availability and performance.
NOTE - Desktop packages come preconfigured with 200 hours of usage and 15 GB of Traffic (Value package comes preconfigured with 50 hours of usage and 5 GB of traffic). Excess Traffic and Hours will be charged accordingly.
The following applications are available with all Ericom Desktop packages:
- Browsers: Chrome, Internet Explorer
- Utilities: Open Office, Acrobat Reader, Everything, Total Commander, 7-Zip, Classic Shell
- Microsoft Office is available for purchase at an additional monthly cost of $14.95
Excess Hours Charges (beyond the pre-paid hours per calendar month)
NOTE - Prices above are in 10-hour increments and charged monthly, in the following month.
Excess Traffic Price for 10GB increment (beyond the initial allocation)
1. Do I need an AWS account in order to use this product?
No need. The Ericom Desktop interface is the only place you need to visit.
2. What if I want different types of desktops for different types of employees in different roles?
No problem. We offer several popular desktop profiles that would fit any job requirements.
3. Do I need to pay extra to get the benefits of AWS?
Not at all. Our solution is powered by AWS, which means that you get to enjoy all those great benefits, without needing to worry on managing them.
4. In case I run into a problem, how do I contact you? Or should I contact AWS?
Ericom Desktop has a built-in support functionality and you open a service request with a click. We will take care of all your needs using our global support teams. No need to approach AWS.
5. I have employees that work from different locations and use multiple devices. How reliable is your solution?
Ericom Desktop is powered by our AccessNow, the industry leading HTML5 client. We have thousands of customers across the globe that use this solution successfully using different devices, different operating systems and different time zones. We’ll be happy to provide you with a reference.
6. What about printing my docs?
Through Ericom AccessNow, Ericom Desktop allows printing files to the local printer, and also allows saving print output to the local device as PDF files.
Ericom Desktop is a subscription-based service billed monthly. When ordering an Ericom Desktop, you are billed for one full month of service, which begins as soon as your initial payment is processed. The contract automatically renews on the 1st of the following month until cancelled. Any extra fees billed when ordering new desktops in the middle of a month, are deducted from the following month’s bill.
Desktops / Service Cancellation Policy
Partial subscription within a calendar month will be credited in the next monthly invoice on a prorated basis. If you order a desktop on the 10th of June and cancel on the 20th of June, you will be credited for the unused days (June 21-July 9th) in your next monthly invoice.
Excess Hour / Traffic Charges: Ericom charges for computing hours above 200 hours per month (above 50 hours per month for the Value package) or for outgoing data traffic exceeding 15GB monthly (exceeding 5 GB for Value package), are prorated to the number of days of the calendar month when the service was used.
NOTE - Charges for Microsoft Office are always billed for a full month, regardless of the number of days in the calendar month you used a desktop running an Office software.