Zero Trust Browser Isolation Innovator, Ericom Software, Experiencing Record Isolation Security Solution Growth in 2019, Adds Key Cybersecurity Executives to Team
Company’s Secure Web and Application Access Solutions Gaining Traction Across Financial Services, Government, Manufacturing, and Healthcare
New York, NY, (November 19, 2019) – Ericom Software, a leader in secure web and application access solutions, today announced its achievement of major 2019 milestones, including strong year-over-year growth in its security solutions and the addition of a large number of clients across the financial services, government, manufacturing, and healthcare sectors. The company also announced that several key cloud security veterans have joined its executive team to help Ericom continue scaling its global business.
New Customers and Partners
The company specifically highlighted record growth in sales of Ericom Shield, its Zero Trust Browser Isolation solution for secure web access. The increase in demand for remote browser isolation solutions is recognized by Gartner in its most recent Magic Quadrant for Secure Web Gateways report. Gartner “sees growing demand for remote browser isolation (RBI) technology, which renders the image of a website in the cloud and sends an image to a user’s browser (cloud-averse customers can also implement RBI technology in their own data centers). Mostly, customers are implementing RBI as a feature of secure web gateways (SWGs), so that uncategorized or risky websites can be rendered via the RBI technology. However, some highly security-conscious organizations have completely replaced their SWGs with RBI technology.”* Ericom Shield’s RBI capabilities are being used by enterprises to protect their users from web and e-mail delivered malware.
Whether users browse to a malicious site on their own or reach one by clicking a URL embedded in a phishing email, Ericom Shield keeps them secure since no web content is ever executed on the user device. Ericom Shield, winner of two InfoSec Security 2019 Industry Awards, is delivered as either a cloud service or on-premises software, and protects businesses from web-based malware, e-mail threats, and online credential theft.
Propelled by robust market demand for its cloud services and software, Ericom has partnered with some of the largest cybersecurity providers in the world, announcing partnerships this year with Checkpoint, Fortinet, McAfee, and others, to integrate its RBI solution with their web gateways and next generation firewall solutions. To bring these solutions to market, Ericom has aggressively developed its distribution network, partnering with new and existing resellers to promote its security portfolio.
Commenting on his company’s distribution partnership with Ericom in Japan, Tetsuya Tabata, Corporate Officer at K.K. Ashisuto said, “Ericom is a trusted provider of secure web browsing solutions in the rapidly growing web security market in Japan. Our strategic partnership with them allows us to deliver our customers an innovative browser isolation solution that eliminates the possibility of malware reaching their employee's devices via compromised or malicious websites."
Ericom’s secure application access solutions, which connect users to corporate applications and resources, are also seeing strong demand, driven by enterprise trends such as flexible employee remote working arrangements and rapid movement of applications from traditional data centers to cloud environments. Discussing Ericom’s secure application access solutions, Ed Blackman, CTO of at Reckon Ltd., an Australian-based provider of financial business software and services, stated, “Ericom provides a great solution that gives our users secure access to our cloud application whenever they need it. They delivered the immediate value our organization expected."
Additions to Executive Leadership
Ericom has brought a number of key executives into the company since David Canellos was announced as President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in January 2019. In addition to cloud cybersecurity veteran Chief Technology Officer Nick Kael, who joined in April, Ericom has added several other security industry leaders in marketing, sales, and research and development in recent months, including:
- Gerry Grealish, Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) – Grealish is responsible for Ericom’s global marketing and software partner business development efforts, including strategy and execution for all aspects of the marketing mix and the development of successful strategic partnership relationships. He joins Ericom from Symantec/Blue Coat Systems, where he led product go-to-market strategy and execution for Symantec’s Network Security business. Grealish joined Blue Coat via the acquisition of Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) security leader Perspecsys Inc., where he was CMO.
- Lynne Boyd, Vice President Sales, Americas – Boyd leads Ericom’s sales and channel relationships in the Americas. She brings 20 years of experience across various sales and business development models spanning early-stage start-ups to established corporations, most recently focused on cloud security and CASB sales at Symantec. She has deep experience in building, leading, and scaling sales organizations in cloud security companies like Perspecsys Inc. and security software providers such as Irdeto and Cloakware Systems.
- Zvika Diamant, Senior Vice President of Research & Development – Providing leadership across the company’s product development organization, Diamant is responsible for the development and delivery of the Ericom product portfolio. He brings over 25 years of experience heading engineering teams delivering cloud services and software solutions in highly security-sensitive areas including homeland security and intelligence, and water management systems at companies such as Athena (Mer Group), Peak-Dynamics, and TaKaDu. Earlier in his career, Diamant co-founded and scaled R&D at Synopsis Systems and Cash-U Technologies.
- Leonid Bobovich, Vice President Cybersecurity Engineering – Bobovich is a high-tech industry veteran, with more than 25 years of innovative technological and engineering experience and holds multiple patents in the area of artificial intelligence. He is tasked with design and development of additional innovative cloud-delivered security services for Ericom, which will complement and extend the company’s portfolio of secure web and application access solutions.
“I’m thrilled to have these talented leaders from the cyber and cloud security industries join the Ericom team,” said David Canellos, President and CEO. “They have a proven track record of success in building and scaling development, sales, marketing and customer success organizations, and are a perfect complement to the accomplished team already in place at Ericom.”
Canellos continued “We have a unique opportunity at Ericom, with a large customer base that depends on our solutions to securely operate their businesses every day. I’m excited about the innovative technologies we have brought to market, the cloud-based Zero Trust security solutions we have in development, and the team we have assembled to continue to grow the company.”
* Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Secure Web Gateways, Lawrence Orans, John Watts, Peter Firstbrook, 11 November 2019
About Ericom Software
Ericom Software provides businesses with secure access to the web and corporate applications, in the cloud and on-premises, from any device or location. Leveraging innovative isolation capabilities and multiple secure access technologies, Ericom’s solutions ensure that devices and applications are protected from cybersecurity threats, and users can connect to only the specific resources they are authorized to access.
Ericom’s platform of browser isolation, remote access, secure connectivity, mobility, and virtualization technologies enhances cybersecurity and productivity while reducing cost and complexity for tens of thousands of businesses and millions of end-users worldwide. The company has offices in the US, UK, and EMEA, and a global network of distributors and partners.
For more information about Ericom and its products, visit www.ericom.com. You can also follow Ericom Software on our blog, as well as on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.