Endpoint Security Identified as Weak Spot in Cybersecurity Strategy and Top Goal for Security Professionals
New Survey by Ericom Software Identifies Business-Critical Cybersecurity Concerns and Vulnerabilities
Closter, N.J., September 12, 2018 - Ericom Software, a global leader in securing and connecting the unified digital workspace, today announced the results of a survey of IT security professionals about the current state of cybersecurity at their respective organizations.
The survey included questions about security project goals and priorities, cybersecurity strategies, prevalence of attacks, and respondents’ awareness of technologies such as remote browser isolation (RBI) and content disarm & reconstruction (CDR), which defend against internet-borne threats.
The following key findings emerged from the survey, which included respondents from the finance, technology, health, education and government sectors, among others:
- Three quarters of all respondents named "improving endpoint security" as one of their two top security project goals. 48% considered it as their top goal.
- "Becoming compliant with mandatory regulations" came in second, with 29% of respondents naming it as their top goal, and an additional quarter of respondents designating it as their second most important goal.
- The overwhelming majority of participants – over 90% – indicated that their companies have an active cybersecurity strategy in place. However, almost half are less than "very confident" that their strategy is sufficient to pre-empt internet-borne threats.
- Almost a third of the security professionals reported that their organizations had been victims of a cyberattack. Of those, 13% reported financial impact of over $5 million and 20% estimated the impact at $1 million - $5 million.
- 62.5% of respondents said that if a cyberattack occurred, their organization could tolerate only one 8-hour work day of downtime.
"Having a cybersecurity strategy in place is, of course, essential. But, if it cannot be relied on to protect the organization against threats, it’s of limited value," says Daniel Miller, Director of Product Marketing, Ericom Software, "New strains of malware and vulnerable threat vectors are constantly emerging, and as organizations successfully close off known attack vectors, enterprising malicious hackers find new ways to get in. History has demonstrated that companies must continually update cybersecurity strategies to guard against new threats as they emerge."
"Responsible organizations must integrate new technologies that plug the gaps in existing security frameworks, particularly for active threat vectors such as email and web browsing," he continued. "As such, we were pleased to see that improving endpoint security is a top goal for so many respondents."
Ericom Software developed Ericom Shield, a secure browsing solution that allows users to browse the web while keeping all potentially malicious code, as well as ransomware and zero-day attacks, from ever reaching the endpoint or network.
Transparent to users who interact naturally with websites they visit, Ericom Shield leverages remote virtual browsers to render websites in isolated Linux containers. When the user stops browsing, the container is destroyed along with all executable code, benign and malicious. Ericom Shield can be deployed on-premises, in public or private clouds, or as hybrid, to suit any customer environment.
To learn more, visit: https://ericomshield.com/.
Ericom is a global leader in securing and connecting the unified workspace. Ericom empowers today’s connected workforce and the IT organizations that support them by securing and optimizing desktop, application, and web content delivery to any device, anywhere. Founded in 1993, Ericom provides enterprise-grade secure remote access and web security solutions to a global customer base of more than 30,000 midsize to Fortune 100 organizations. With a focus on application delivery, cloud enablement, and secure browsing, Ericom advances secure connectivity—providing end users with a superior work experience and optimizing enterprise productivity. With over 10 million end users, Ericom has offices in the United States, United Kingdom and EMEA and an extensive network of distributors and partners throughout North America, Europe, APAC, and Africa.
For more information about Ericom and its products, please visit our website. You can also follow Ericom Software on our blog, as well as on Twitter,
Facebook, and our YouTube channel.
Ericom US Contact