Ericom’s Release of PowerTerm WebConnect 5.7.1 Delivers Unprecedented Value-to-Cost for Application Access and Desktop Virtualization Management Solutions
Ericom once again sets a standard for robustness, performance and affordability with its Server Based Computing and VDI solution
Closter, NJ, (January 25, 2011) - Ericom Software, a leading global provider of Application Access and Virtualization solutions today announced the general availability of the new version of its flagship product line - PowerTerm® WebConnect Version 5.7.1. PowerTerm WebConnect enables organizations of all sizes to deliver secure and centrally managed, on-demand access to desktops and applications, which lowers IT overhead, provides a transparent, intuitive and responsive user experience, and protects existing IT infrastructure investments.
PowerTerm WebConnect 5.7.1 includes major enhancements and dozens of new features, for example:
1. Ericom Blaze RDP acceleration technology is now fully and tightly integrated within PowerTerm WebConnect. As a breakthrough in RDP compression and acceleration, Ericom Blaze addresses the usability and deployment challenges presented by slow, remote desktop connections. Ericom Blaze delivers superior local PC-like experience and fast remote desktop connections at speeds up to 10 times that of RDP — across WANs and congested LANs and can improve performance of both published desktops and published applications.
2. Support for mixed Windows Server 2003 and 2008 environments, as well as Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 and Windows 7 SP1.
3. Full integration with Microsoft RDP 7 and RDP 7.1 enabling:
- Automatic deployment of RDP 7 to compatible clients (without replacing system installed version)
- RDP7 enhanced multi-monitor support for desktops and seamless windows
- Support for RDP 7 bi-directional audio
4. RemoteFX support. PowerTerm WebConnect 5.7.1 supports the new Microsoft RemoteFX feature introduced in Windows 2008 R2 SP1 and Windows 7 SP1. Microsoft RemoteFX is a set of RDP technologies that enable users to work remotely in a Windows Aero desktop environment, watch full-motion video, enjoy Silverlight and Flash animations, and run 3D applications — all with the fidelity of a local-like performance when connecting over the LAN.
5. Unified Desktop. This exciting feature enables merging local and one or more remote desktops into a single, seamless entity. Users can access both the local and remote applications and documents from multiple, on-screen Start Menus and taskbars.
6. Numerous desktop virtualization (VDI) functionality enhancements that facilitate easy and streamlined virtual desktops management and deployment, including:
- Full cloning and linked clones
- Auto-sizing pools that automatically grow and shrink
- Creation and management of machine configurations libraries
- Specification of user privileges on machines, e.g., Administrator or Power User
- Automatically revert virtual machines to clean state after use
7. Microsoft App-V integration. PowerTerm WebConnect now integrates with Microsoft's leading application streaming and virtualization platform. One can easily publish packaged applications, by selecting them from a drop-down list. Applications can be launched from a browser-based interface (Application Portal), rich client interface (Application Zone) and Desktop and Start Menu icons. Applications can also be streamed to run locally, on a Session Host (Terminal Server) and on a remote virtual or physical desktop.
“This new release - our most comprehensive since launching PowerTerm WebConnect in 2005 — represents the culmination of years of intense R&D effort” said Brian Berns, Ericom President and COO. “This release underscores Ericom’s commitment to our market and our vision of a high performance, full featured and cost effective solution capable of unifying access management for applications running on a wide range of environments including Windows Terminal Services and Virtual Desktops, those on mixed server farms and BladePCs, as well as legacy hosts and Cloud computing platforms.”
Ericom Software is a leading global provider of Application Access, Virtualization and RDP Acceleration Solutions. Since 1993, Ericom has been helping users access enterprise business-critical applications running on a broad range of Microsoft WindowsTerminal Servers, Virtual Desktops, Cloud Services, legacy hosts and other systems. With offices in the US, UK, EMEA, India and China, Ericom also has an extensive worldwide network of distributors and partners. Our expanding customer base is more than 30 thousand strong, with over 8 million users.
For more information about Ericom and its products, please visit: https://www.ericom.com
Ericom US Contact
Ericom UK Contact
+44 845 644 3597