Ericom’s Remote Access and Business Continuity Solution Increases Immunity to Productivity Losses—Combats Swine Flu Scare
PowerTerm WebConnect primed for enabling mobility to those needing to work from home or on the road
Closter, NJ, (May 12, 2009) - Ericom Software, a global leader in Application Access and Virtualization solutions announces that its flagship remote access solution, PowerTerm WebConnect can significantly reduce the impact of worker absenteeism and mitigate financial loss during disaster situations, such as an H1N1 pandemic as well as under normal working conditions.
Ericom’s PowerTerm WebConnect is an ideal solution for private and public institutions seeking to boost their IT disaster recovery plans with remote access and telecommuting capabilities as part of a robust workplace continuity plan, and an effective answer to challenges highlighted in a recent Gartner1 analysis, which states that “IT managers should plan, test and add capacity to ensure the sustainability of what is likely to be a predominantly work-at-home environment.”
Ericom’s remote access solution provides secure, managed access to Virtual Desktops (VDI), Windows Terminal Servers, Blade PCs and legacy host systems, enabling organizations to provide users with fast and convenient access to all the business, office and education applications they require to maintain effective business operations and service levels. As a highly scalable solution, PowerTerm WebConnect accelerates desktop deployments, effectively meeting the expanding access needs of businesses and agencies of all sizes, across the Education, Health, Finance, Government, and other verticals.
Ericom’s secure, centrally managed remote access solution provides:
- Faster, more cost-effective desktop deployments to remote or homebound users
- Secure, local and remote access to email, systems, and other key applications and data over the Internet
- Uninterrupted service for employees, customers, suppliers, and business partners
- Protecting critical information and applications
- Cross-industry solution that facilitates compliance with regulatory and industry standards, including GLBA,PCI, HIPAA, FISMA, SOX and JSOX
- Providing secure web access to essential business resources
- Fast user provisioning and resumed customer access quickly without waiting to rebuild the network
- Simple log-ins from offsite PCs and laptops
- Remote desktop support and upgrades for multiple users, significantly reducing IT travel overhead
- An intuitive, secure and transparent desktop experience for users, including knowledge workers, medical / school staff and students
Eran Heyman, Ericom Founder and CEO commented, “Ericom’s business is about enabling organizations to rapidly provide users with secure access to the applications and data they need to work and be productive. Designed with the organization, end-user and IT professional in mind, PowerTerm WebConnect provides a comprehensive access platform for the streamlined management, delivery and use of remote desktops.” Eran added, “By delivering a solution that’s extremely scalable, intuitive, cost-effective and simple to deploy and maintain, we enable organizations of all sizes to remain effective and profitable under all conditions, both during a time of crisis, such as we now face with the H1N1 flu threat, but also under normal conditions, from home or in the classroom.”
Learn more about Ericom's secure remote access solutions for business continuity.
Ericom® Software is a leading global provider of Application Access and Virtualization Solutions. Since 1993, Ericom has been helping users access enterprise mission-critical applications running on a broad range of Microsoft® Windows® Terminal Servers, Virtual Desktops, legacy hosts and other systems. With offices in the US, UK, EMEA, India and China, Ericom also has an extensive worldwide network of distributors and partners. Our expanding customer base is more than 30 thousand strong, with over 8 million users. For more information about Ericom and its products, please visit: https://www.ericom.com
Ericom US Contact
Gartner, April 27, 2009