Rangee and Ericom Cooperate on Enhanced Thin Client Access to Presentation Virtualization (SBC) and Desktop Virtualization (VDI)
Rangee to bundle Ericom’s Virtualization solutions with Rangee Linux and Windows XPe thin clients
Closter, NJ, (August 6, 2008) - Rangee GmbH, a leading European producer of thin clients, and Ericom® Software, a leading global provider of application access and virtualization solutions, today announced the expansion of their longstanding alliance in which Rangee Linux and Windows XPe thin clients will be pre-packaged with Ericom’s PowerTerm® WebConnect client for Desktop Virtualization and Presentation Virtualization.
Using Ericom's PowerTerm WebConnect - the simpler, faster and cost-effective alternative to Citrix - Rangee further enhances its capabilities to provide thin clients users with secure, local and remote access to applications and desktops running on Windows Terminal Servers, Virtual Desktops (VDI), Blade PCs and legacy host systems. In addition, Ericom’s open hypervisor strategy, with support for over a dozen hypervisors, including VMware® ESX, Citrix® XenServer, Microsoft Hyper-V, Oracle® VM, Virtual Iron and others, enables organizations to flexibly choose the VDI environment that best suits their needs.
Highlights of the joint Rangee-Ericom solution include:
- Enterprise-wide Access to Windows Terminal Servers, Virtual Desktops, Blade PCs and over 35 legacy host environments from Rangee thin clients
- Centralized Application Management: Centrally manage Terminal Server application deployments, updates and maintenance
- Intuitive and Easy to Use: Published applications seamlessly integrate with user thin client interfaces and are easily launched via the Application Zone, desktop icons or Application Portal (Web Interface)
- Easy Setup and Configuration: Eliminates the need for IT administrators to service or upgrade individual devices, reducing technical support overhead
- Centralized Virtual Desktop Management: Centrally manage virtual desktops for individual users and pools of virtual desktops which are dynamically allocated to users within groups
- Comprehensive Hypervisor Support: VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, Oracle VM, XenServer, Xen Community-based hypervisors, Virtual Iron and more
- Enhanced Security: RSA SecurID and RADIUS two-factor authentication, SSL VPN support
- Built-in Productivity Tools: Load Balancing, Remote Desktop Support, Remote Desktop Access, LDAP and Active Directory integration
Eran Heyman, Ericom CEO commented, “The European market has always been a leader in thin client usage. Ericom’s long term partnership with Rangee has already helped us in this imortant region. Raising our partnership to a new level should help even further. The bundled Rangee and Ericom offering provides organizations of all sizes with the ability to achieve the optimal mix of Presentation Virtualization, Desktop Virtualization and Blade PC access for their needs.”
“Rangee’s mission is to provide our customers with the best thin client computing experience possible,” explained Ulrich Mertz, Managing Director of Rangee. “The inclusion of Ericom’s PowerTerm® WebConnect client in Rangee’s thin clients helps us achieve that goal, as it gives our customers maximum flexibility in designing their virtualization infrastructures.”
For more information on Rangee GmbH, visit www.rangee.com
For more information on Ericom’s PowerTerm® WebConnect RemoteView, visit www.ericom.com/solutions/secure-remote-access/ and on PowerTerm® WebConnect DeskView, visit www.ericom.com/ptwc_deskview.asp.
About Rangee GmbH
Rangee GmbH is a leading manufacturer of thin client products based in Germany. Based on its expertise in server-based computing environment, Rangee offers a large range of products that meet customers’ needs in a variety of ways. Rangee offers Thin Client products starting with a simple PC Stick, that converts a PC to a Thin Client Terminal, to standard Thin Client Terminals such as our S-Model and X-Model, as well as Thin Client TFT Products, for stationary and mobile use. Rangee products offer high value due to its leading price/performance ratio.
Ericom® Software is a leading global provider of Application Access and Virtualization Solutions. Since 1993, Ericom has been helping users access enterprise business-critical applications running on a broad range of Microsoft® Windows® Terminal Servers, Virtual Desktops, legacy hosts and other systems. With offices in the US, UK, EMEA, India and China, Ericom also has an extensive worldwide network of distributors and partners. Our expanding customer base is more than 30 thousand strong, with over 8 million users. For more information about Ericom and its products, please visit: https://www.ericom.com
+49 241 99 72 850