Power users depend on access to multimedia and graphics-intensive application that need sophisticated display technology, which often presents a performance challenge in hosted computing environments, where applications are accessed remotely. Teradici's PC-over-IP technology meets this demand by delivering to users a true desktop experience, with multimedia, rich graphics and responsiveness, over standard IP networks.
Ericom PowerTerm WebConnect enhances Teradici's offering with an enhanced Connection Broker that provides comprehensive and secure, centrally managed access to PC-over-IP enabled workstations (hosts) from Teradici PC-over-IP clients (portals). PowerTerm WebConnect also includes support for VDI, Terminal Services and Legacy access with both full desktop access and application access.
PowerTerm WebConnect simplifies and optimizes IT infrastructures in the following ways:
- Lowers Costs & Complexity of Traditional PC Management
Streamlines remote PC-over-IP device deployments and management. Full fidelity desktops are centrally managed and administered at the server level - and deployed across the organization utilizing PC-over-IP
- Enhances Enterprise-level Security
Increases the control and monitoring of enterprise resources and information privacy with Single Sign On, two-factor authentication support within PowerTerm WebConnect's Windows native client, and USB device security
- Increases Scalability
Enables simple and rapid deployment of new devices to the network
- Supports Flexible Working Practices
Enables fast and simple connections between Teradici portals and hosted devices. Upon connectivity, users are automatically signed on via SSO to avoid re-entering their credentials
- Facilitates Regulatory Compliance
Provides customizable logging and auditing capabilities to monitor users' access to networked PC-over-IP desktops - stay on top of Who tries to access What, and from Where
- Supports Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery
Built-in Session Reconnect and Failover tools ensure high availability for always-on businesses
- Enhance Productivity & User Experience
Provides financial traders, engineers and other power users with easy access to Teradici desktops seamlessly, reliably and on-demand. Remote desktops have the same look and feel as a local PC, with an intuitive Web interface and application launcher
The Basics - As end-users connect from a PC-over-IP Portal, they authenticate through the PowerTerm WebConnect Connection Broker, and then sign into their desktop operating system. The PowerTerm WebConnect Connection Broker monitors desktop access and automatically reconnects users to interrupted sessions.
Features of PowerTerm WebConnect for Teradici PC-over-IP Devices
- Simple Setup and Administration
- Fast Configurations
- Scalability and Failover
- Enhanced Security and Control
Click here for a detailed list of technical features, functions and benefits
Test drive PowerTerm WebConnect for PC-over-IP
Additional products in the PowerTerm WebConnect family further enhance Ericom's PC-over-IP offering with secure, centrally managed access to business applications, desktops and data running on additional IT resources.
PowerTerm WebConnect Product Line
- PowerTerm WebConnect DeskView - Supports all the PowerTerm WebConnect for PCoIP features. Also provides access to virtual desktops (VDI) on top of 14 different hypervisor environments (VMWare, Microsoft, Oracle VM, Xen, etc.), and virtual desktops on top of Windows Terminal Servers (2000, 2003 and 2008) Learn more
- PowerTerm WebConnect RemoteView (The Alternative to Citrix) - Supports all the PowerTerm WebConnect DeskView features in addition to providing access to individual seamless applications with full desktop integration as well as CPU and memory optimization on the host computer. Learn more
- PowerTerm WebConnect Enterprise - Includes all the functionality of PowerTerm WebConnect RemoteView in addition to providing access to over 35 different types of legacy environments (Mainframe, AS/400, OpenVMS, Tandem and many other systems). PowerTerm WebConnect Enterprise also includes network bandwidth monitoring and alerting as well as IT asset management. Learn more
for more information about our centrally managed, presentation and desktop virtualization solutions.
Technical Features, Functions and Benefits
Simple setup and Administration
- Auto-discovery of Teradici enabled Blade PCs and Remote Workstations on the network significantly reduces configuration overhead and enables IT administrators to quickly and easily add and manage Teradici devices. This capability is especially important in a dynamic environment where devices may be added or removed.
- From the central management console, assign Teradici Portals to Teradici Hosts by MAC address, DNS names or user names. Supports many to many assignments of both portals and hosts.
- Automatically assign new users to available hosts (dynamic assignment)
- Centrally deploy firmware updates to all Teradici devices in the network
- Connection to Teradici hosts from clients that are not Teradici enabled using RDP
- Roaming - PC-over-IP device session "follows" users, allowing them to reconnect to the same active session
- Configure PC-over-IP devices on the fly (in run time) to reduce setup time
- Mass import/export of assignment settings from external data sources and files
Scalability and Failover
- Provides high-availability by automatically redirecting client to alternative physical or virtual machines in case of Teradici host failure
- Cluster Connection Brokers for high availability
Enhanced Security and Control
- Authenticate users against Microsoft Active Directory and Novell eDirectory servers, without requiring changes to existing servers
- Users are required to authenticate with the Connection Broker before being able to connect to any Teradici host
- Single Sign-On from Connection Broker into the operating system on the Teradici hosts
- Auto log-off of idle VDI sessions enhances security and reduces server load
- Supports remote connectivity via SSL Gateway to PC-over-IP hosts using RDP
- Administrator can view users' sessions and take over a session for remote control
Test drive PowerTerm WebConnect for PC-over-IP