In order to assign pre-defined LU names or Device Names to WebConnect`s auto created users, please follow the steps below:
1) Download the following archive, which contains two PSL script files:
2) Extract the archive to C:\Program Files\Ericom Software\WebConnect 5.6\DataBase\Connections.
(The archive contains two PSL script files).
3) Edit the file LUs.psl, adding the list of users (using lower case) and the desired LU/Device Names.
#guest "michael" "jack" "laurie"
4) In case that you are connecting to IBM Mainframe, edit SetLUs.psl and use the command set lu-name instead of set device-name
5) Edit the last line of the SetLUs.psl file and provide the relevant host name or IP address (For example: return "as400.ericom.com").
6) Open the Connection Properties window of the desired host connection, and set the Host Name to:
1. LUs.psl is a table which contains the mapping of user names to device names / LUs. Simply create a row for each user having the format: #username LU
As you can see in the examples displayed in the file, the LU can be an expression such as: bob+
In addition, you may provide multiple LUs for a specific user. By default the first LU will be used. However, you may override this using the LU_INDEX PowerTerm WebConnect environment variable. An LU_INDEX value of 0 selects the first item, 1 selects the second, etc.
2. SetLUs.psl reads LUs.psl and looks up the value for the user.
Note: This solution can be used for both 5250 sessions (AS/400) and 3270 sessions (Mainframe).