In regards to your questions about moving from 7 to 8 bits:
Changing to VT 220-8 has to do with the way escape sequences are sent:
- Using VT 220-8 a "CSI" will be sent as "CSI" char (hex 9B).
- Using VT 220-7 it will be sent as a 2 bytes sequence esc [ (hex 1B 5B).
The "upper arrow" is CSI A (i.e. esc [ A ) in -7 mode.; you need to do the following:
- Open WebConnect Administration Tool.
- Double click on the relevant connection.
- Click the Settings button.
- In the Emulation tab choose a VT###-7 terminal type.
- In the General tab check the "Use 8 Bit Data Characters" check box.