1) Log on to the WebConnect Server machine with account that has administration permissions
2) Stop "PowerTerm WebConnect Server 5.6" service
3) Backup the following folder:
C:\Program Files\Ericom Software\WebConnect 5.6\DataBase
4) RemoteView customers: Backup the following file:
C:\Program Files\Ericom Software\WebConnect 5.6\Load Balancer\LoadBalancer.xml
5) DeskView customers: Backup the following file:
C:\Program Files\Ericom Software\WebConnect 5.6\DeskViewServer\database.xml
6) Backup any customized html\asp file or any customized image file.
7) Go to the Control Panel -> Add Remove Programs, and uninstall PowerTerm WebConnect Server.
8) Make sure that Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 is installed on the machine.
9) Install WebConnect 5.7 version. For the last step do not choose “Exit and Run”. Just choose “finish”.
(Please note that Windows Server 2000 is not supported by WebConnect 5.7).
10) Go to Start -> All Programs -> Ericom Software -> PowerTerm WebConnect 5.7 -> PowerTerm WebConnect Upgrade Utility
11) Confirm that you would like to utilize previous settings, and browse the backup folder of the database, created in steps #3 above.
12) Changes made to html\asp pages should now be integrated into the new pages, please do not copy these from older versions of WebConnect, although these may sometimes be backward compatible, you will not benefit from new functionality.
13) Start "PowerTerm WebConnect Server 5.7" service.