13 Oct 2015
We are actually using Powerterm WebConnect 220.127.116.11.20141002.2-Release_WC602-33943 with Secure Gateway
Many of our customers are using the web aplication portal with Internet Explorer.
They can then be connected to their Blaze or Remote Desktop session or application using the ActiveX plugin.
If they use a nother browser, AccessNow is also available.
Actually, there are a lot of changes in the new operating systems.
Windows 10 doesn't have the embedded Internet Explorer brower anymore.
Is the Edge broser compatible with this plugin ? Is it possible to make Edge launching the plugin ? Or is there an update that we can make in our Ericom infrastructure to make it compatible ?
13 Oct 2015
21 Oct 2015
PowerTerm WebConnect 6.0 is not oficially supported on Windows 10 (the ActiveX is one of the reasons). In order to bypass the need for ActiveX, you can install the PTRemoteView.msi usually located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ericom Software\WebConnect x.x\AddOns\RemoteView".
Please see instructions for implementing this MSI file (including the Single sign on feature):
1. First you need to install two MSI files from the AddOns folder:
- ptSSOlogon32 (or 64) from "C:\Program Files(x86)\Ericom Software\WebConnect x.x\AddOns\SSO"
- PTRemoteView from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ericom Software\WebConnect x.x\AddOns\RemoteView"
2. Go to the installation folder of Ericom Software on the client (C:\Program Files(x86)\Ericom
Software\PowerTerm WebConnect x.x Clients).
3. Create Shortcut to PtAgent on the desktop.
In the target line add the IP (or DNS name) and user=## : "C:\Program Files\Ericom
Software\PowerTerm WebConnect x.x Clients\ptagent.exe" 10.10.10.10 /user=##
4. Restart the PC. After the restart, double click on the created shortcut.
This will use the credentials of the Windows user to connect to the WebConnect server and the user will get the connection that he needs.
27 Jan 2015