Ericom Forums

Support Center   |    Forums   |    Blog   |    Contact

Home / Community - Forums / PowerTerm WebConnect / HOWTO: Enable HP Universal Printing in PTWC with 2012 RDS Servers (and Win8)

HOWTO: Enable HP Universal Printing in PTWC with 2012 RDS Servers (and Win8)

1 posts, 0 answered

By James_Ericom » 09 Jul 2014

AccessNow and Blaze Universal Printing rely on the presence of an HP Universal Driver on the RDP host.  Windows 8 or 2012 do not include the needed HP Driver so the HP Universal Driver must be installed on the RDP host.

The HP Universal Driver may be downloaded from the HP website (July 9, 2014 Link: http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/psi/home/?sp4ts.oid=503548)

After the HP Universal Driver has been enabled, AccessNow and Blaze need to be instructed to us it via a WebConnect environment variable.

Open the variable "BLAZE_SETUP_PARAMS" and add:
redirectprinters:i:2;use HP Universal PS Printer Driver:i:1

This tells the client to use universal printing: "redirectprinters:i:2"
This tells the client to use the HP Universal driver: "use HP Universal PS Printer Driver:i:1"

NOTE: The HP Universal Driver may also be used on 2008R2 if the built-in driver is not returning the desired print results.  It can also be used to standardize universal printing operation in a mixed RDS farm.

NOTE: With AccessNow and Blaze 3.3 and higher, the local default printer will automatically be the default redirected printer.  This is the default value for this setting: "set remote default printer:i:1".  Set this setting to 0 if the remote default printer should remain the default.

James_Ericom
Top Contributor Ericom Employee 62 posts

You are not Logged-in.
Log-in to post a message
Login  Register

Our Forums