A critical bug has been discovered worldwide (http://heartbleed.com/) in the OpenSSL protocol. The status of Ericom products affected by this issue appears below:
Ericom products NOT affected by this issue:
- PowerTerm WebConnect 5.8.0 and earlier
- AccessNow 2.4 and later
- Blaze 3.0 and later
- Ericom Secure Gateway (ESG)
- All terminal emulation products
Ericom products affected by this issue:
- PowerTerm WebConnect 5.8.2 and 5.8.4 (if you are using the ESG as part of your PowerTerm WebConnect solution, user connections through the ESG are not affected by the issue)
- Blaze 2.5 and earlier
- AccessNow versions earlier than 2.4
Follow the instructions below to install the patch for WebConnect versions 5.8.2 and 5.8.4.
- Download this zip file and unzip its contents into a directory.
- To update the WebConnect Server:
- Stop the WebConnect Server service
- Backup or rename the current openssl.dll file under (..\Ericom Software\WebConnect 5.8\bin\)
- Copy the new openssl.dll file to "..\Ericom Software\WebConnect 5.8\bin\"
- Start WebConnect Server and test
- To update the WebConnect ComPortal component:
- Restart IIS (or run an IISRESET)
- Copy both openssl.dll and openssl64.dll to "..\Ericom Software\WebConnect 5.8\ComPortal\"