- Generic Ericom AccessNow Installation
- Install AccessNow on the Terminal Server using the installer downloaded from Ericom.com
- Follow installation instructions in the Ericom AccessNow Install Guide.
- Obtain appropriate license key for Ericom AccessNow
- Customize Ericom AccessNow for use with TestNav
Edit the config.js file (C:\Program Files\Ericom Software\Ericom Access Server\WebServer\AccessNow) using a text editor. i. In order to have AccessNow provide direct access to Internet Explorer on the remote session change this line: // alternate_shell: "", // Startup application to: alternate_shell: '"C://Program Files (x86)//Internet Explorer//iexplore.exe" -k <http://testnav URL>
Playback settings (audiomode:0, in config.js) retain the default settings that enable audio playback.
- Set convert_unicode_to_scancode=true. This changes the default settings so the shortcut keys will work.
- While not all TestNav-delivered tests may include items with audio, please remember that some tests do include items that may require audio. For this reason, it is strongly recommended that the Audio
- Terminal Server Setup
- Setup Java on the terminal server as per Pearson's instructions
- Allow only Java and TSAgent in Group Policy software restrictions.
- Use Internet Explorer parental control to allow only the TestNav site.
- Publish Chrome Application
- Create (customize) and deploy the Chrome Kiosk mode App via Google Chrome Store. i. See attached zip file with sample app files
- Edit the application.html file
- Enter the URL of the appropriate AccessNow server
- Set Kiosk Settings
- The application is then published to the Chrome Store as a private application, with the following settings: When this is complete, students will be able to launch the kiosk application from the Chrome OS login screen.