The Alternative to Citrix Just Got Better!
Date of live webinar recording:
March 1, 2011
James Lui, Director of Technical Services, Ericom Software
Play time: 30 minutes
Key benefits of PowerTerm WebConnect:
See how easy it is to install, publish and deploy centrally managed, secure access to multiple applications and desktops residing on Terminal Servers, virtual desktops (VDI) and physical desktops – with Ericom PowerTerm WebConnect, the alternative to Citrix. In this product walkthrough, James Lui demos some of the exciting features & enhancements in PowerTerm WebConnect V5.7.1 the only RDS (Terminal Services) solution Microsoft-certified for both WS08 and WS08 R2. The long list of new features and enhancements includes breakthrough Blaze RDP compression & acceleration technology integration, extended Windows 7 and Window Server 2008 R2 support, enhanced desktop virtualization capabilities, enhanced App-V and LDAP integration support, plus much more.
- The only RDS (Terminal Services) solution Microsoft-certified for both WS08 and WS08 R2
- Enables Sys Admins to manage access for ALL Terminal Servers, VDI platforms & Blade PCs — in a single product (Citrix requires TWO)
- Super scalable - Supports up to 25% more sessions per Terminal Server than Citrix; reducing licensing, hardware and maintenance costs
- Supports mixed farms comprising Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2008 R2; XenApp 6 does not
- Install PowerTerm WebConnect on its own server – vs. having to install Citrix on every Windows Terminal Server
- Provides built-in remote desktop support, customizable and intuitive web interface & desktop launcher
- Fully integrates with any LDAP-compatible directory server, such as Microsoft Active Directory, Novel Directory Server and iPlanet
- Provides built-in SSL gateway with single port relay; Single Sign-On; integrates with leading SSL VPNs and provides two-factor authentication support within PowerTerm WebConnect's Windows native client
- Compatible with Windows, Mac & Linux clients; backwards compatible with older Windows clients; integrates with 20 thin client devices from WYSE, Igel, and other leading thin client vendors