The combined Google Chromebooks and AccessNow (HTML5 RDP Client) solution enables education, government, healthcare, financial and other organizations to provide access from Chromebooks, including the Chromebook Pixel, and Chromeboxes to Windows virtual applications and desktops including VMware View virtual desktops
- AccessNow HTML5 RDP Client for Chromebooks gives users the flexibility and mobility to securely access Windows applications and desktops running on Windows Terminal Services / RDS / VDI platforms from anywhere, in addition to accessing their Web apps - simultaneously!
- Simple, easy and inexpensive to maintain- NO plug-ins required!
- AccessNow RDP client for Chromebooks eliminates Windows PCs software management
- Does not require Java, Flash, Silverlight, ActiveX or any other underlying technology on the Chromebook and other Chrome OS devices, including the Chromebook Pixel, significantly reducing IT overhead
- Helps solve the Bring Your Own Device / Computer BYOD / BYOC) challenge, simplifying life for system administrators and end-users alike
- Enables mission-critical business continuity by allowing employees to access their applications and desktops from any available end-point device, anywhere, without having to install any software or plugins
It's So Simple!
- All you need is a Chromebook and an internet connection
- Open a web page
- Enter the address of the Ericom Access Server that you've installed (the Terminal Server or VDI platform)
- Enter your credentials
- Press 'Connect' — The desktop (or application) appears directly inside the browser window – That's it!
- FREE 30-day Trial Chromebook access to TS / RDS / VDI)
- View Demo: Using Ericom AccessNow, James creates a remote desktop RDP session, from a Google Chromebook to a Windows 7 workstation
How AccessNow Works
- End-user navigates to the AccessNow URL to start the connection
- Client connects to Access Server using WebSockets – Access Server is usually installed on RDP host itself
- Access Server translates WebSockets communication to / from RDP
- Remote Windows desktop / application UI is displayed inside the browser window
- Ericom AccessNow uses the browsers' built-in TLS / SSL encryption capabilities to ensure privacy and security
- AccessNow is compatible with leading SSL VPNs such as Juniper and Cisco
- Ericom also provides a free Secure Gateway that provides authenticated and secure, single-port entry into internal corporate resources
- A special edition of AccessNow for VMware View Supports integration with RSA® SecurID® and SecurEnvoy® SecureAccess and SecurICE two-factor authentication products.
Additional Technical Highlights
- Leverages the HTML5 canvas to display a remote PC desktop, taking full advantage of WebSockets and HTML5 technologies
- Compatible with SSL VPNs and web proxies that do not support WebSockets
- URL redirection - clicking a web link in the remote session optionally opens it in a tab in the local browser
- Integrates with portals
- Printing – Print from remote host to the Chromebook. Printouts open as Adobe Acrobat reader (.pdf) files in new browser tabs. Users can easily send them to local printers, save them, email, etc
- Supports File Transfers between local and remote sessions
- Supports Intel x86, ARM or any other CPU architecture
- Localized UI (User Interface) – UI locale automatically selected based on browser locale
- UI is displayable in English, Japanese, Chinese and other languages
- Supports multiple keyboard locales including Japanese and Korean