Ericom Announces Release of HTML5-based AccessNow for VMware Horizon View 2.4 with VM-Hosted Applications Tech Preview
Ericom AccessNow 2.4 delivers hosted Windows applications and desktops to browsers running on a full range of devices, including iPads, iPhones, Android smartphones and tablets, as well as PC, Mac and other end-user devices
Closter, NJ, (June 26, 2013) - Ericom Software, a global leader in application access and desktop virtualization solutions, announced today the availability of AccessNow for VMware View version 2.4. This release includes a tech preview of access to VM-Hosted Applications using AccessNow HTML5 and VMware Horizon View. This exciting feature enables the deployment of Windows applications using VMware View VDI desktops as the hosting platform. Now, organizations that are deploying VMware View can easily provide large groups of task-based users with browser-based access to one or more applications without requiring the use of the entire virtual desktop.
Other new features included in this release are:
- Localized UI (User Interface) – UI locale automatically selected based on browser locale
- Additional languages keyboard input support, for example Japanese and Korean - both PCs (keyboard) and mobile devices (touch)
- Audio support for iPad/iPhone (requires iOS 6.x)
“We are delighted to launch this new release,” said Eran Heyman, Ericom’s founder and CEO. “We have seen fantastic traction of AccessNow across a wide variety of industries and use cases since its original release over two years ago. In particular, organizations find AccessNow to be of great value in implementing BYOD and remote access programs that support the widest variety of end-user devices, without having to install any software on the end-user device, lowering IT overhead. Another example is the significant number of K-12 and higher education institutions around the world that are using Ericom AccessNow to extend Chromebooks with remote access to Windows desktops and applications.”
“Ericom AccessNow for VMware Horizon View is the most mature and advanced product of its kind – it includes usability features such as file transfer, printing, copy / paste and audio,” said Scott Brousseau, CTO of PBG Networks. “The VM Hosted Applications feature is an ideal computing model for deploying applications that require a certain operating system type or dedicated resources. Horizon View provides a great VDI platform for running standardized and robust virtual machines. The combination of the two technologies is sure to provide VMware View customers with an easy to use, yet powerful, application delivery system.”
Ericom AccessNow highlights:
- Available as standalone (connecting to practically any physical or virtual desktop or Terminal Server); AccessNow also integrates with Citrix XenApp, VMware View, Dell (Quest) vWorkspace and PowerTerm WebConnect - Ericom's own VDI and RDS connection broker.
- Works on Chromebooks, iPads, Android tablets, smartphones, Blackberry devices, and on Windows / Linux PCs, Macs, Windows 8 Surface, netbooks and ultrabooks.
- Provides same look and feel on all supported device types, reducing training and help desk costs.
- Simple, easy and inexpensive to maintain - does not require any infrastructure for deployment, upgrades or patches – simply install or upload the new version on the server.
- Integrates with the Ericom Secure Gateway, which can be used with, or instead of, a VPN or an SSL VPN.
- Compatible with leading SSL VPNs such as from Juniper and Cisco.
For more information about Ericom AccessNow, visit:
To see an on-line demo, visit: http://www.ericom.com/demo_AccessNow
Ericom Software is a leading global provider of Application Access, Virtualization and RDP Acceleration Solutions. Since 1993, Ericom has been helping users access enterprise mission-critical applications running on a broad range of Microsoft Windows Terminal Servers, Virtual Desktops, legacy hosts and other systems. Ericom has offices in the United States, United Kingdom and EMEA. Ericom also has an extensive network of distributors and partners throughout North America, Europe, Asia and the Far East. Our expanding customer base is more than 30 thousand strong, with over 8 million users. For more information about Ericom and its products, please visit http://www.ericom.com
Ericom US Contact
Ericom UK Contact
+44 845 644 3597