Ericom Announces Desktop Virtualization (VDI) Support for Virtual Iron 4.5
Combined solutions provide robust and cost-effective platform for enterprise-wide desktop virtualization
Closter, NJ, (April 28, 2009) - Ericom Software, a global leader in Virtualization and Application Access solutions, today announced that it now supports version 4.5 of Virtual Iron’s bare metal server virtualization and virtual infrastructure management solution.
The combined solution enables central management and delivery of virtual desktops from within the data center, addressing many of the desktop infrastructure challenges that today’s organizations face. Together, the solutions simplify and streamline deployments of Virtual Iron-based virtual desktops to internal users, as well as to branch offices and remote users.
As distributed end points, desktops are among the most difficult to secure, manage and maintain. The combination of Virtual Iron’s comprehensive server virtualization and virtual infrastructure and Ericom’s desktop and application access management capabilities, enables users to streamline the management and maintenance of their IT infrastructure and significantly reduce their total cost of ownership.
Together, the Ericom and Virtual Iron solutions deliver a number of important benefits to users, including:
- Lower TCO - Reducing the cost and complexity of managing physical and remote PCs with centralized software installations, updates and maintenance
- Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery - Maximizing business efficiency and agility with easy recovery of virtual desktops
- Improved Security - Maintaining privacy of information - sensitive data is not stored on local desktops and laptops, which can easily be lost or stolen
- Green Computing - Reducing desktop power consumption and space requirements by centralizing processing within the datacenter
- Remote Access - Improving remote user uptime and productivity with high-availability of user’s virtual desktops
Eran Heyman, Ericom’s CEO, commented, “The combined Virtual Iron and Ericom technologies provide a cost-effective alternative to traditional desktop environments that improves IT manageability and lowers TCO.” He added, “With an end-to-end desktop virtualization platform that is easy to manage and deploy, organizations are in a more powerful position to leverage the inherent technical and financial value of desktop virtualization and compete successfully in the market.”
For more information on Ericom’s Desktop Virtualization solution, visit: www.ericom.com/VDI.
Ericom® Software is a leading global provider of Application Access and Virtualization Solutions. Since 1993, Ericom has been helping users access enterprise mission-critical applications running on a broad range of Microsoft® Windows® Terminal Servers, Virtual Desktops, legacy hosts and other systems. With offices in the US, UK, EMEA, India and China, Ericom also has an extensive worldwide network of distributors and partners. Our expanding customer base is more than 30 thousand strong, with over 8 million users. For more information about Ericom and its products, please visit: http://www.ericom.com
Ericom US Contact