Netvoyager and Ericom Alliance Enhances Thin Client Capabilities with Access to Virtual Desktops and Windows Terminal Server
Netvoyager Integrates Ericom's Virtualization solutions in to its Linux thin clients
London, UK and Closter, NJ (August 13, 2008) - Netvoyager, a leading producer of thin clients, and Ericom® Software, a leading global provider of application access and virtualization solutions, today announced a new alliance in which Netvoyager's Linux thin clients will be pre-packaged with Ericom's PowerTerm® WebConnect client for Presentation Virtualization and Desktop Virtualization
Using Ericom's PowerTerm WebConnect - the simpler, faster and cost-effective alternative to Citrix - Netvoyager further enhances its capabilities to provide thin clients users with secure, local and remote access to applications and desktops running on Windows Terminal Servers, Virtual Desktops (VDI), Blade PCs and legacy host systems. In addition, Ericom's open hypervisor strategy, with support for over a dozen hypervisors, including VMware® ESX, Citrix® XenServer, Microsoft Hyper-V, Oracle® VM, Virtual Iron and others, enables organizations to flexibly choose the VDI environment that best suits their needs.
Highlights of the joint Netvoyager-Ericom solution include:
- Centralized Application Management: Centrally manage Terminal Server application deployments, updates and maintenance
- Enterprise-wide Access to Windows Terminal Servers, Virtual Desktops, Blade PCs and over 35 legacy host environments from Netvoyager thin clients
- Intuitive and Easy to Use: Published applications seamlessly integrate with user thin client interfaces and are easily launched via the Application Zone, desktop icons or Application Portal (Web Interface)
- Comprehensive Hypervisor Support: VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, Oracle VM, XenServer, Xen Community-based hypervisors, Virtual Iron and more
- Centralized Virtual Desktop Management: Centrally manage virtual desktops for individual users and pools of virtual desktops which are dynamically allocated to users within groups
- Easy Setup and Configuration: Eliminates the need for IT administrators to service or upgrade individual devices, reducing technical support overhead
- Enhanced Security: RSA SecurID and RADIUS two-factor authentication, SSL VPN support
- Built-in Productivity Tools: Load Balancing, Remote Desktop Support, Remote Desktop Access, LDAP and Active Directory integration
Eran Heyman, Ericom CEO commented, "Ericom is pleased to announce this new partnership with Netvoyager, as it expands the market availability of Server Based Computing and Desktop Virtualization solutions for thin client environments. The bundled Netvoyager and Ericom offering provides organizations of all sizes with a highly-robust and cost-effective solution that meets the dynamic access needs of today's organizations."
"We selected Ericom's PowerTerm WebConnect solution to increase the value we offer our customers and channel partners." explained Jamil Aboulzelof, CEO at Netvoyager. "Including Ericom's PowerTerm WebConnect client in our Netvoyager thin clients, firstly gives the end-user an alternative to Citrix presentation virtualization, and secondly delivers a ‘hypervisor-neutral' connection broker solution, resulting in multi-VDI support to take full advantage of the latest virtualization technologies."
For more information on Netvoyager, visit: www.netvoyager.co.uk.
For more information on Ericom's PowerTerm WebConnect RemoteView, visit www.ericom.com/SBC and on PowerTerm WebConnect DeskView, visit www.ericom.com/VDI.
About Netvoyager plc
Netvoyager plc, London - England, is a leading thin client manufacturer and server-based computing specialist. Established in 1999, Netvoyager also has strategic alliances with Microsoft, Citrix and Tarantella, the leaders in server-based computing. Netvoyager products and services leverage open technologies and eliminates the costs associated with traditional PC architectures. Netvoyager enables enterprises to take advantage of server-based computing (Ericom, Citrix, Microsoft Terminal Services, Linux and Virtual Desktop Technologies) to provide increased flexibility and choice, as well as lower up-front expenditure and reduced total cost of ownership. More information about Netvoyager plc and its products can be found at www.netvoyager.co.uk and can be contacted via email at email@example.com.
Ericom® Software is a leading global provider of Application Access and Virtualization Solutions. Since 1993, Ericom has been helping users access enterprise business-critical applications running on a broad range of Microsoft® Windows® Terminal Servers, Virtual Desktops (VDI), Blade PCs, legacy hosts and other systems. With offices in the US, UK, EMEA, India and China, Ericom also has an extensive worldwide network of distributors and partners. Our expanding customer base is more than 30,000 strong, with more than seven million installations. For more information about Ericom and its products, please visit: www.ericom.com.
+44 845 644 3597
+44 845 108 3030