Computer Lab International, Ericom Announce Strategic Alliance
Enhancement to Thin Clients with Presentation Virtualization (SBC) and Desktop Virtualization (VDI)
Placentia, CA and Closter, NJ, (May 19, 2008) - Computer Lab International, leading supplier of thin client hardware and management software and Ericom® Software, a leading global provider of application access and virtualization solutions, today announced a partnership in which Computer Lab International thin clients will include Ericom’s PowerTerm® WebConnect for Desktop Virtualization and Server Based Computing.
Computer Lab International, a twenty year veteran in thin client computing coupled with Ericom’s PowerTerm WebConnect, provides secure and centrally managed access to applications and desktops running on Microsoft Windows Terminal Servers, Virtual Desktops (VDI), Blade PCs and legacy host systems. The alliance offers a full featured virtualization solution that enhances an already compelling reduced cost and complexity of traditional desktop management.
Highlights of the joint solution include:
- Enterprise-wide access to Windows Terminals Servers, Virtual Desktops and over 35 legacy host environments from Computer Lab International thin clients
- Comprehensive Hypervisor Support: VMWare, Microsoft, Oracle VM, XenServer, Sun xVM, Xen-community based Hypervisor, Virtual Iron and more
- Easy Setup and Configuration: Administrators are able to easily setup and configure multiple desktops from a central site reducing technical and support overhead
- Intuitive/Easy to Use: Published applications seamlessly integrate with user thin client interfaces; they are easily launched via the Application Zone, desktop icons or Application Portal (web)
- Centralized Virtual Desktop Management: Centrally manage virtual desktops for individual users and pools of virtual desktops dynamically allocated within users in groups
- Centralized Application Management: Centrally manage Terminal Server application deployments, updates and maintenance
- Enhanced Security: two-factor authentication, RSA SecurID, SSL VPN support
- Productivity Tools Included: Load Balancing, Remote Desktop Support, Remote Desktop Access, LDAP and Active Directory Integration
Thomas Fei, President of Computer Lab International noted, “The CLI/Ericom partnership offers customers a stable, reliable, secure thin client solution that even further enhances the benefits of server based technology. Ericom’s PowerTerm® WebConnect is a great addition to the CLI product offering; we are excited about being able to deliver further benefits to the end user experience. ”
Eran Heyman, Ericom CEO commented, “Ericom is delighted to partner with Computer Lab International- the joint offering provides organizations with a comprehensive thin client computing solution with enhanced capabilities for application and virtual desktop access. The combined solution enables organizations to leverage the benefits of presentation and desktop virtualization while addressing everyday IT issues in a cost effective manner.”
For more information Computer Lab International, visit www.computerlab.com
For more information on Ericom’s PowerTerm® WebConnect RemoteView, visit www.ericom.com/SBC and on PowerTerm® WebConnect DeskView, visit www.ericom.com/VDI
About Computer Lab International
Since 1984, CLI has specialized in virtual desktop devices which include CLI thin clients, midrange terminals and management software. The benefits of using CLI products include delivery of new features and capabilities to users, reduced risk of upgrading legacy systems, shortened time-to-market for system enhancements, and increased ROI for IT investments. CLI is based in Placentia, California, has sales and support offices throughout the world and an extensive VAR partner network.
Ericom® Software is a leading global provider of Application Access and Virtualization Solutions. Since 1993, Ericom has been helping users access enterprise mission-critical applications running on a broad range of Microsoft® Windows® Terminal Servers, Virtual Desktops, legacy hosts and other systems. With offices in the US, UK, EMEA, India and China, Ericom also has an extensive worldwide network of distributors and partners. Our expanding customer base is more than 30 thousand strong, with over 8 million users. For more information about Ericom and its products, please visit: http://www.ericom.com
Computer Lab International Contacts
Ericom US Contact