With Ericom's Free enhancements for Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services), organizations of all sizes can simplify the deployment of mission -critical applications, and the management and user experience of the Windows Server 2008 R2 Remote Desktop platform.
Check out the full-featured release of PowerTerm WebConnect .
15-minute installation; Easy setup and use
Once Windows Server 2008 R2 is installed and applications such as Microsoft Office are already installed on the Terminal Server - it only takes about 15 minutes to install PowerTerm WebConnect for Windows Server 2008 R2. The system administrator fully configures the environment and publishes applications to the users within hours.
Publish multiple applications in a single, intuitive operation
Quickly publish multiple applications from all Terminal Servers to the appropriate users or groups of users in a single, intuitive operation. Users will enjoy quick application access through real-time automatic and dynamic display updates.
Improve the end user environment
PowerTerm WebConnect for WS08 R2 lets you display applications in multiple ways: from the Application Zone (a folder like interface), as icons on the Desktop or Start menu, from the system tray and from PowerTerm WebConnect's Application Portal (enhanced web interface).
Centralized monitoring and control
View and monitor all active sessions for all the servers from a single administrative console. Generate detailed logs for tracking and auditing. Identify and handle unauthorized attempt to access the system.
Download now PowerTerm WebConnect for WS08 R2 – for FREE
Getting Even More out of Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services) and your IT Infrastructure
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Remote Desktop Services (a.k.a. Terminal Services) is a robust access solution and a viable entry-level solution for server-based computing. However, beyond simple deployments, WS08 R2 (RDS) alone does not provide many critical capabilities required for:
- Streamlining operations
- Lowering desktop and access management costs
- Successful implementation of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) initiatives
- Protecting IT resource investments
- Optimizing RDP performance
The commercial, full-featured version of PowerTerm WebConnect provides secure, managed access to Windows Terminal Servers, Virtual Desktops, Blade PCs and legacy host systems in a single product. PowerTerm WebConnect extends the Remote Desktop Services platform with such enhancements as:
- Mixed server farm support In order to benefit from all the new features of Windows Server 2008 R2 Remote Desktop Services, an organization must upgrade all of its servers to that version. PowerTerm WebConnect enables older Windows 2003, 2008 and 2012 Servers to provide this functionality as well, while enabling organizations to upgrade their servers in a gradual and controlled manner
- Performance-enhancing Blaze RDP compression and acceleration technology significantly improves the user experience and productivity. It delivers higher frame rates, improved response times and smoother screen updates over high latency / low bandwidth WAN connections, including 4G, WIFI, GPRS and other networks
- Ubiquitous Access from anywhere and any end-user device
- Ericom AccessNow high performance HTML5 RDP Zero Client. AccessNow enables browser-based access to applications and desktops (virtual & physical), running on Windows Terminal Services / RDS / VDI platforms, from any end-point device with an HTML5-browser (PC, smartphone, tablet, Chromebook or locked down workstation). Enables access through most SSL VPNs without requiring installation of an agent or any other configuration on the end-point device
- Enhanced support for Windows, Mac, Linux and CE clients Some features in Windows Server 2008 R2 Remote Desktops Services are not compatible with older though still popularly used - Windows platforms, Mac, Linux or thin clients using Windows CE. PowerTerm WebConnect provides equal features and capabilities for all Windows platforms (Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 clients) as well as CE and non-Windows clients, including Linux and Mac
- Thin client support for CE, LTC (see list of Ericom Certified thin clients)
- Enhanced security & high-capacity, Ericom SSL Secure Gateway PowerTerm WebConnect's built-in SSL Gateway enables secure remote access from outside the organization without requiring an SSL / IPsec VPN and integration with most SSL VPN solutions. In addition, PowerTerm WebConnect supports two-factor authentication tokens using RADIUS and is certified for RSA SecurID. PowerTerm WebConnect also works smoothly with existing SSL VPNs
- Highly scalable application load balancing PowerTerm WebConnect provides a highly scalable load balancer, which is capable of balancing thousands of servers. Windows Server 2008 R2 Remote Desktop Services provides basic Load Balancer capabilities that are suitable for only a very small group of identical servers
- Ericom's unified desktop feature merges local and remote desktops into a single, seamless entity. Windows users can access both local & remote apps and documents from multiple, on-screen Start Menus and taskbars
Download Your Free Trial
or Get a Price Quote
1 This on-line FREE offer is limited to a maximum of 100 free licenses on 1 (one) PowerTerm WebConnect Server per customer.
Please contact us for quantities above 100. Ericom reserves the right to terminate this free offer at any time.