Fastflow Pipelines Services chooses Ericom PowerTerm WebConnect
Ericom helps UK utility reduce costs while delivering highest level of quality and services
Droitwich, Worcestershire, (May 05, 2009) - Ericom announced today that leading British utility service company Fastflow Pipeline Services has selected PowerTerm WebConnect to provide secure access for its employees.
Ericom’s PowerTerm WebConnect RemoteView is recognised by many as the leading Citrix alternative solution providing secure access at a significantly lower cost than the alternatives.
As part of the Fastflow Group, Fastflow Pipeline Service has grown to be a leading multi-utility service provider for infrastructure services to industries including gas, water, electricity and telecoms. With over 16 years of experience in the water and gas industries combined with substantial investment in staff training, plant and specialist equipment, Fastflow is able to offer the highest levels of quality and service to its clients.
That commitment to its clients is one reason behind Fastflow choosing Ericom’s solution for secure application access. Improved customer service, better project management and improved cost savings enables Fastflow to deliver a combination of service, cost and end to end project management not matched in the industry.
Ericom Managing Director for the UK, Ian Platt, commented “Reducing costs and increasing efficiencies are key issues for many of today’s businesses regardless of the market they operate in. The utility sector is a very competitive market and service and cost are paramount to running a successful business. We are delighted that another industry has seen the benefits of Ericom for their secure application access solution.”
Employing a server based infrastructure, PowerTerm WebConnect delivers:
- Centralised management of applications and user configuration
- Enhanced security features included SSL and single sign on
- Cross platform capabilities allows the software to run on Linux and Windows servers
- Multi platform client support enables users to connect from Linux and Windows clients
- The ability to reconnect to sessions without the need to login to systems
- Secure on-demand application access – supports SSL encryption
- Complete control over access rights – integrates with Directory services
- Improves information confidentiality – no data copied onto clients
- Reduces the support overhead – with built-in SupportView client
- Improves employee and IT productivity – with access where it’s needed
You can learn more about Ericom’s solutions by visiting :www.ericom.com
Ericom® Software is a leading global provider of Application Access and Virtualization Solutions. Since 1993, Ericom has been helping users access enterprise mission-critical applications running on a broad range of Microsoft® Windows® Terminal Servers, Virtual Desktops, legacy hosts and other systems. With offices in the US, UK, EMEA, India and China, Ericom also has an extensive worldwide network of distributors and partners. Our expanding customer base is more than 30 thousand strong, with over 8 million users. For more information about Ericom and its products, please visit: http://www.ericom.com
Ericom UK Contact