International Charity United Bible Society Chooses Ericom’s PowerTerm WebConnect to provide secure remote application access
DROITWICH, England (April 21, 2009) - Ericom announced today that the London-based charity United Bible Society (UBS) has selected PowerTerm WebConnect to provide secure remote application access.
Ericom’s PowerTerm WebConnect RemoteView is recognised by many as the leading Citrix alternative solution providing secure access at a significantly lower cost than the alternatives.
The United Bible Societies (UBS) is a fellowship of 145 national Bible Societies that serves across 200 countries and territories. The United Bible Society is a non-profit organisation devoted to translating, publishing, and distributing the Bible at affordable costs. In addition the society extends its charitable work to include literacy programs for those who cannot read, audio products for those who are visually impaired, and Bible-based HIV/AIDS resources for those who are suffering and their carers. Special programs are developed for those with challenges such as women facing abuse, children living without parents and people in prison.
Ericom Managing Director for the UK, Ian Platt, commented, “With the current economic conditions putting additional strains on discretionary spending, the charity sector is feeling significant pressure to ensure costs are reduced wherever possible. At a 1/3 of the cost of Citrix we have established ourselves as the #1 Citrix alternative. I am glad we can help the charity sector save money, so that they have more money for their front line activities.”
Employing a server based infrastructure, PowerTerm WebConnect delivers:
- Centralised management of applications and user configuration
- Enhanced security features included SSL and single sign on
- Cross platform capabilities allows the software to run on Linux and Windows servers
- Multi platform client support enables users to connect from Linux and Windows clients
- The ability to reconnect to sessions without the need to login to systems
- Secure on-demand application access – supports SSL encryption
- Complete control over access rights – integrates with Directory services
- Improves information confidentiality – no data copied onto clients
- Reduces the support overhead – with built-in SupportView client
- Improves employee and IT productivity – with access where it’s needed
You can learn more about Ericom’s solutions by visiting http://www.ericom.com
Ericom® Software is a leading global provider of Application Access and Virtualization Solutions. Since 1993, Ericom has been helping users access enterprise mission-critical applications running on a broad range of Microsoft® Windows® Terminal Servers, Virtual Desktops, legacy hosts and other systems. With offices in the US, UK, EMEA, India and China, Ericom also has an extensive worldwide network of distributors and partners. Our expanding customer base is more than 30 thousand strong, with over 8 million users. For more information about Ericom and its products, please visit: http://www.ericom.com
About United Bible Society
The United Bible Societies (UBS) is the collective name for our fellowship of 145 individual Bible Societies working in over 200 countries and territories. From wherever and however they operate, Bible Societies all share the mission of placing the Word of God in the hearts and minds of the people they serve.
For more information about the Group visit: : www.biblesociety.org
Ericom UK Contact
+44 845 644 3597
+44 845 644 3598