WebConnect Log Viewer is designed to assist you the Administrator in viewing PowerTerm WebConnect Server Logs. It also assists you in packaging the logs and sending them to Ericom in case they are requested by Ericom Support.
NOTE: This utility requires that you have Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 and Visual J# runtime package installed on your server.
- Download WCLogView.exe
- Copy "WCLogView.exe" to the "x:\Program Files\Ericom Software\WebConnect x.y\bin\logs" folder on any server that contains the PowerTerm WebConnect Server. Subtitute the drive letter for "x" and the PowerTerm WebConnect version for "y", so for example, if you are working with PowerTerm WebConnect 6.0 on C:, your path would be "C:\Program Files\Ericom Software\WebConnect 6.0\bin\logs".
- Launch the "WCLogView.exe" utility and select the log that you wish to view from the drop-down list.
- You can select different logs, as well as filters, to view the type of logs you are searching for.
- You can also choose to connect to a different WebConnect server and view that server`s logs.
- If you are having an issue with your WebConnect server, and Ericom Support has requested a copy of your server logs: this utility prepares and places a ZIP file of your logs called "WCLogFiles.zip" on your desktop, which you can sent to Support
- In the log displayed errors are highlighted in red, and warnings are highlighted in yellow
There are 2 errors that this utility generates.
- If a file does not exist, the utility specifies the file’s name
- An application crash notification indicates that you need to have Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or the Visual J# runtime installed on your server.