- From the Printer properties page, click the Advanced Printing button.
- Select the Enable Host Print Transform check box.
- Select the manufacturer printer type and model from the Printer Type/Model dropdown list.
- If `Other Printer` is selected for Printer Type/Model:
- Specify the Customizing Object.
- Specify the Customizing Object`s Library.
- Select the paper size from the Drawer 1 dropdown list.
- Select the paper size from the Drawer 2 dropdown list.
- Select the paper size from the Envelope Hopper dropdown list.
- Specify whether the printer has Code Page 899 installed in the Supports ASCII Code-Page 899 field.
Special Notes about the selection areas:
Enable Host Printer Transform: Enables Host to send to the emulation the printer specific format commands. If disabled, the Host sends general format commands in which the emulation in turn, translates to printer specific commands. Host Printer Transform is only relevant for non-graphic mode.
Printer Type/Model : Specifies the destination printer. The default is: HP LaserJet Series ll. If your manufacturer Printer Type and Model are not listed, then choose one that is compatible.
Customizing Object: Specifies the object name which you had previously defined on the AS/400.
Library: Specifies the customizing object`s library on the AS/400. The above fields are applicable when you have first defined a customizing object for your printer on the AS/400. Choose Other Printer from the Printer Type/Model dropdown list and the Customizing Object and Library fields become enabled.
Drawer 1: Specifies the size for the paper in Paper Source 1. The default depends on what you chose for the Printer Type/Model.
Drawer 2: Specifies the size for the paper in Paper Source 2. The default depends on what you chose for the Printer Type/Model.
Envelope Hopper: Specifies the size of the envelope. The default depends on what you chose for the Printer Type/Model.
Supports ASCII Code-Page 899: Specifies whether the printer has Code Page 899 installed. The default is: disabled. Most printers do not have Code Page 899 installed.
Font: Specifies the name of desired font. The default is Courier-10.