WebConnect can be configured to use any port you choose by following the steps below. Also, you can set your IIS to auto-redirect users from 80 to 443. However, you will need to talk to your website administrator to achieve this.
In order to change the ports PowerTerm WebConnect communicates on, please do the following:
• Open the PtServer.ini file located by default in c:\Program Files\Ericom Software\WebConnectX.X\Database\
• Find the “Server ConnectionPoints Table” in the file
• Change the “PortNo=XXXX” (default= 4000) under one of the connection points to the port number of your choice (i.e. 443)
• Save and close the PtServer.ini file
• Go into your services and restart the “PowerTerm WebConnect Server X.X” service
Next you will need to modify the web pages to also use the alternate port.
• Navigate to the WebConnect Web folder located by default in c:\Program Files\Ericom Software\WebConnectX.X\web
• Open the web page you want to modify(i.e. ApplicationZone.html) in a text editor (i.e. Notepad)
• Find the following parameter “<WebServer>” and add “:” + NewPortNumber (i.e. <WebServer>:443 )
• Save and close the web page.
A tool is available to help you with this process. You can download the tool from the link below:
NOTE: If you intend to use port 443 as the WebConnect Server port, IIS or Apache cannot be using 443 for https.
If you require further assistance with this please feel free to contact Ericom Technical Support.